The Strength House is looking for an experienced and passionate coach to join our team on a full-time basis. This coach will have the opportunity to work with high school and college athletes, powerlifters, and adults of all walks of life at Worcester’s premiere strength training facility.
Our ideal candidate would specialize in working with adults, especially powerlifters. The Strength House is home to competitive powerlifters of various abilities, from complete beginners to those who compete on a national level. We are seeking a coach who can effectively coach this wide array of clientele to help them make their goals a reality. This requires excellent leadership skills and attention to detail, as well as being a role model via their own training. We at The Strength House must “Carry the Flag” and lead from the front with our actions and words, and our newest coach will be expected to do the same.
We are looking for someone willing to learn our systems and methods to further enhance the client experience. Previous experience with program design, movement assessments and goal setting is extremely desirable, as well as a willingness to be open-minded about these concepts. Our staff continually strives to become better coaches and our newest coach will have substantial continuing education opportunities to further our mission.
Most importantly, our ideal candidate would embody the Strength House core values which shape our unique culture and positive training environment. Our clients look to our coaching staff for inspiration, motivation and accountability, and our next coach will have the opportunity to truly change lives via strength training. We aim to help all our clients fall in love with the training process, so if you are fulfilled by helping others, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Coach individuals through a wide array of exercises
- Focus on leading group training sessions, and aiding in our open gym environment
- Write comprehensive training programs for our clients
- Conduct evaluations on new clients
- Participate in staff in-services, training sessions, and other continuing education events
- Compensation will be based on experience
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- 2 years experience working as a personal trainer or strength and conditioning coach
- Exceptional communication skills
- Certification through a nationally-accredited training organization
- A related degree is preferred BUT NOT REQUIRED
In Order To Apply:
Please email the following to TheStrengthHouseGym@gmail.com with the subject line “Your Name – TSH Strength Coach Application”. For example: “Jane Doe – TSH Strength Coach Application”
- A brief Cover Letter (no more than 500 words) on why you want to be part of The Strength House community
- Resume (to include all work experience, and a minimum of 3 professional references)
- You must film two videos and attach these to your application email as separate documents:
- VIDEO 1: At least 2 minutes long, and no more than 4 minutes of you coaching another person through either a Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, or other large compound movement. Coach this person as if it was their first time in the gym. Assume they are a general fitness client with no prior knowledge or understanding of anatomical terms. Find and correct at least 2-3 faults in their technique. If they show no faults illustrate what they do well, and 2-3 faults to be aware of down the road.
- VIDEO 2: At least 2 minutes long, and no more than 4 minutes on why TSH should choose you for this position. Be yourself and please avoid scripts or clearly pre-rehearsed presentations.
- VIDEOS SHOULD BE FILMED WITH A PROFESSIONAL CAMERA OR CELL PHONE. IF USING A CELL PHONE PLEASE USE LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION AND HAVE THE CAMERA SET STILL TO AVOID ANY MOVEMENT IN THE PICTURE.